As we know that every country has its own rules and Saudi Arabia is one of the country who is known of having stringent laws. Therefore, those are planning to visit Saudi Arabia need to aware of what are the prohibited items to bring (import) in Saudi Arabia.
While packing your luggage or hand-carried you should keep the list of prohibited items in your mind to avoid any delays or fines or penalties.
Below is the comprehensive list of prohibited items to bring in Saudi Arabia.
2) Foreign Currency: Carrying a foreign currency in excess of prescribed limits or carrying over value of SR 60,000 in cash.
3) Narcotics: Drugs of all kinds, forms, and names in addition to the snuff, Tumbak, and Cola nut.
4) Medicines: Without a proper prescription for personal use are prohibited and subject to possible confiscation. All kinds of medicines including Injections for diabetic patients are allowed as long as they are accompanied by a doctor’s prescription and is to be for personal use only.
5) Weapons: Ammunition, Guns, Explosives, or any sort of weapons.
6) Games: Magic games, Games of gambling (Chess, Dice, Backgammon, Poker chips, Roulette etc.) and video games listed on the Saudi website click here.
7) Books or Magazine: Containing material against Islam or Saudi Arabia beliefs or morality are not allowed. The Holy Quran in commercial quantities. All kind of religion books (including but not limited to Qur’an, Bible, etc.)
8) Political: Politically sensitive material.
9) Radio Transmitter/Telephones: Ultrasonic level transmitter, Magnetic level transmitters, Radar fill level transmitters.
10) Spare Parts: Used car parts, parts, except for main spare parts (such as transmission, outside body of the cars, differential, engine).
11) Fireworks: Firecracker, Rocket, Sutli bomb, Cherry bomb and etc.
12) Communication Equipment: Phones, Modems, Walkie-talkies, Spying devices (pens, watches, etc).
13) Electronic Cigarette: Vapes, E-hookah, Vape pens, Cigars.
14) Herbal Items: Herbal Tea, or any kind of Herbal products.
15) Animal Foods: Products containing Frog meat, Products containing pork (Pig).
16) Christmas Trees or Decorations.
17) Night vision Binoculars: Night-vision equipment, Drones, Night vision cameras.
18) Foodstuff: All foodstuffs made from animal blood.
19) Pornographic: such as Books, DVD’s, Magazines (Women’s Fashion magazines with images of models in revealing clothing might be confiscated.), External Hard drives,
20) Dogs: Watchdogs, Hunting dogs, Seeing-eye dogs and hearing dogs are permitted into Saudi Arabia.
21) Zamzam Labelled Water: is prohibited to bring in Saudi Arabia for commercial purpose.
22) Military: Military uniforms or equipment, of any kind, related to the military.
24) Nutmeg fruit: Seeds and Powder thereof. Permission to import it is confined to its powder mixed with other spices within the limits of a permissible ratio which does not exceed 20%.