Brief Overview of Scholarships
The scholarship is a specific amount of fee which is given to the student as a reward for getting good grades and it’s a kind of financial aid for a student to assist their education who are unable financially to pursue their careers. Scholarships are given in accordance with the Rules and Regulations that are set by the Board of Directors of the Education system. Scholarship in Saudi Arabia
Scholarships are granted based upon criteria, which usually reflect the values and grades of a student.
Scholarships in Saudi Arabia
The Government of KSA offers scholarships every year to excellent students from various countries of the world, this shows the growing attention and support given by the kingdom to the dissemination of knowledge and scientific research
Saudi Universities are renowned for their scientific excellence and even some Saudi Universities are ranked among the top universities in the world in terms of research centers. Read: GOSI Benefits for Expatriate Workers in Saudi Arabia
Requirements for Applying Scholarship in Saudi Arabia
Scholarship requirements are similar to admission requirements.
- Undergraduate level: Candidate’s age must neither be less than 17 years nor more than 25 years.
- Doctoral level: 35 years
- Master’s level: 30 years
- Non-Saudi candidates must obtain approval of qualified authorities in their countries
- The candidate must have not been granted a scholarship by another educational institution in Saudi Arabia.
- Permission letter from their country to travel for study
- Students Certificates must be attested by the educational institution.
- Candidate must have not been expelled from an educational institution.
Benefits of Getting Scholarship in Saudi Arabia
- Health care / Medical aid
- Accommodation / Hostel
- Annual travel tickets / Airfare
- Financial wages when you come to study
- Scientific, cultural, social and media programs.
- Support from academic staff to obtain appropriate academic guidance and counseling.
In short all benefits same as enjoyed by Saudi students at the same institution.
You can study any discipline offered by the university you choose except medicine and health-related disciplines.
List of Saudi Arabia Universities and Scholarships for international students in 2019-2020
Types of Scholarships for Saudi Expat Students
The Government of Saudi Arabia offers two types of Scholarships for Saudi expat students to get Higher Education in Saudi Arabian Universities, as follows:
- Internal Scholarships: Those Saudi expat students who are legally residing in KSA. (Visit the website: Ministry of Education).
- Overseas Scholarships: To Non-Saudis from outside KSA.
Three types of Scholarships for Saudi expat Students to Join Saudi Universities based on grades
- Full Scholarships: Students enjoy all the benefits (As mentioned above).
- Partial Scholarships: Students enjoy some benefits in it, as a seat or accommodation (As mentioned above).
- Paid Scholarships: are paid by Donors, who are not a part of universities pay for these scholarships.
Procedure to Apply for Scholarship in Saudi Arabia
- Go to the specific university website.
- Register at the university and get PSU ID number.
- Fill the scholarship request form.
- Pay the semester tuition and bring the scholarship receipt to the office to receive scholarship approval.
- Fee description ：40 percent payment which is approximately SR. 21,000.
- 60 percent payment which is approximately SR. 14,000.
Source: Ministry of Education