Brief Overview of Qatar
- Qatar is the richest country on the planet
- Qatar’s populations are approximately 2.27 million.
- Qatar (Arab) nationals make up less than 15% of the total population.
- Doha is Qatar’s largest city and its capital with 344,939 resides in the city.
- Quoted by BBC as “A state built by immigrants” the statistics show that non-Qatari residents coming in at 88.4% and Qatari at only 11.6% of the total population.
- Qatar Airways recently claims the title of “Best carrier at the World Airline Awards”.
- Qatar is the country where a natural disaster is least likely to strike.
- According to the World Bank, there are no forests in Qatar. Read more: Pakistani Hero Sacrificed his Life to Stop Christchurch Shooter
Good News for Pakistanis
Pakistani citizens are now eligible for a free tourist visa on arrival to enter Qatar for a period of 30 days.
The Qatar Embassy in Pakistan announced on their website that Qatar will grant free tourist visa for 30 days on their arrival in Qatar provided that they meet certain requirements. Read: Procedure to apply for Umrah visa from Pakistan
Requirements for Free Tourist Visa
- The Passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- The passenger must have a confirmed return ticket.
- The traveler has cash money equivalent to QAR 5,000 (PKR 192,000), or a valid credit card or a valid credit card.
- Visa is granted for 30 days free of charge and extendable for a similar period after confirming the return ticket.
- A valid address for the visitor’s stay in Qatar (e.g. hotel booking confirmation, or the physical address of a friend or family member with whom the visitor will be staying).
- Persons coming directly from Pakistan should have a certificate of vaccination against polio according to the procedures currently in place. Read: Reduction in Pakistani Passport Fees in Saudi Arabia