Applying for Umrah Visa from Canada to Saudi Arabia
If you are living in Canada and planning to perform Umrah pilgrimage，you need to get an Umrah visa from the Saudi embassy which is in Ottawa (The Capital city of Canada), it is a legal document valid for approximately 15 days to 28 days and allows you to enter the kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the purpose of worship. Read more: Saudi King Salman & Crown Prince (MBS) Issue Orders to Cancel Second time Umrah Visa Fee
- Stamped and signed Umrah visa application.
- Applicants, Less than 18 years must have permission letter, stamped by Global Affairs Canada.
- The passport validity for six (6) months.
- 2 passport size photographs with white background only.
- Confirmed Return flight ticket. Read more: Procedure for Applying and Issuance of New E-Umrah Visa
- Vaccination report against meningitis by certified doctors. (Tip: If you live in the GTA, for instance, there is a travel clinic in Markham or Brampton that provides this vaccine and accompanying documentation or any other clinic you know is good)
- A woman traveling alone must be 45 years old.
- Non-Islamic must possess a Shadah certificate from the Islamic Center to prove their conversion to Islam.
- Online accommodation reservation.
- Mahram must be at least 18 years of age. Read more: Umrah, Hajj and Saudi Visit Visa Fee to be Fixed at SR.300 each
Apply Online for Umrah Visa from Canada
- Apply online for Umrah visa through Falcon travels website.
- Passport along with your airline ticket.
- The process takes two to three business days.
- After getting approved by the Ministry.
- They provide something called the MOFA(Ministry of Foreign Affairs) number, the agent will take this number and apply for a visa number through the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain E-number (visa number). Read more: Procedure to check Umrah Visa status online
Apply Directly to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa
This step requires having your required documents on hand.
- Fill out the Umrah visa application form. [Download Visa Application Form]
- Write down all of your personal details on it like names, age, address, etc.
- Authorization letter from Mehram.
- Women over 45 years of age can travel with an organized group without her husband/father.
- Visit your doctor to get a “MENINGITIS” vaccination for adults and for under 15 age children to get a vaccination against Polio as well. Read more: List of Violations by Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims for 2019
Essential Traveling Documents
- Contact a licensed Umrah travel agent who can help you to get Umrah visa as they used to have an agreement with the Saudi government.
- Canadian residents can contact (e.g.Falcon Travels) travel agency to travel to KSA. Read more: Kingdom Grants Umrah Pilgrims to Visit Any City
- To go for Umrah you need to have a passport and you may need to renew your passport to ensure that it will be valid for 6 months at least, from the travel date.
- A passport size photo with white background attach it with a form
- Before you apply for your Umrah visa, you need to purchase a non-refundable Return Air ticket.
- The agents’ processing and courier fees range between $80 CAD to $250 CAD dependent on the travel agent. Read more: 16 Places where Dua is accepted during Umrah and Hajj
Points to Remember
- Umrah visas are valid for 2 weeks to 1 Month maximum.
- Remember that umrah visas are not valid for work or residence.
- Each applicant for an Umrah visa must apply through a licensed Canadian travel agency. Read more: 9 Facts You Need to Know About Canadian Life
- Processing time takes 14 days minimum but better to apply before a month to get a visa on time.
- Canadian travel agencies also provide visa called Super Umrah visa, which allows you to travel for pilgrimage in Makkah and visiting Islamic holy sites in the Al-Hejaz area and additionally permitting a visit to any city in Saudi Arabia for any of family, friend, touristic or business purposes within the validity of the visa.
Source: Saudi Embassy