Umrah – An Islamic Pilgrimage
Umrah is an Islamic pilgrimage to Makkah and Sunnah of Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), it is a place that is quite reputable and respectful to all Muslims. Umrah is performed by the Muslims which can be initiated at any time of the year, Hajj or Umrah are the acts of worship for Muslims as it renews their sense of objectivity in the world.
If you’re not a resident of Saudi Arabia, you will need to apply for an Umrah visa, it is a legal document which allows you to travel and gives you permission to enter in their territory of Saudi Arabia for the Umrah purposes. Read more: Saudi King Salman & Crown Prince (MBS) Issue Orders to Cancel Second time Umrah Visa Fee
Requirements to Apply for Umrah Visa from India
- Applicants Passport validity must be for 6 months.
- Visa form should be filled with all the details.
- 2 color photos of the applicant with a white background.
- Flight tickets (airfare) should be booked before applying for a visa.
- Women and children should be accompanied by husband/father or a male relative (Mahram). Read more: Umrah, Hajj and Saudi Visit Visa Fee to be Fixed at SR.300 each
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate should be submitted as legal proof.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia.
- The Mahram must travel into and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children. Read more: Procedure to check Umrah Visa status online
- The certificate of vaccination should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days and it should be valid for three years.
The procedure of Applying for Umrah Visa from India
There are a bunch of Umrah Visa providers in India, you should consult them and their requirements before applying for the visa. Read more: Procedure for Applying and Issuance of New E-Umrah Visa
After submitting the documents you will get Umrah visa done by the Royal Consulate of Saudi Arabia in Delhi and Mumbai. Read more:
- Fill out the Umrah visa application form. [Download Visa Application Form]
- Write down all of your personal details on it like names, age, address, etc.
- Legal proof that you’re traveling with your husband or father (Mehram) or authorization letter from them.
- Women over 45 years of age can travel with an organized group without her husband/father.
- Take a hard copy of the form (print out).
- Then visit your doctor to get a vaccination for Meningococcal Meningitis for adults and for under 15 age children to get a vaccination against polio as well. Read more: List of Violations by Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims for 2019
Significant Guidelines for Umrah Pilgrims Traveling from India
- Umrah Pilgrim must carry vaccination certificates with them.
- No food products are allowed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- You can visit any city of KSA along with the holy sites if you have got permission from the Authorized Saudi Passport Offices.
- The travel agency will provide you the transportation.
- Umrah pilgrims should exchange their currencies only through authorized currency exchange companies. Read more: Kingdom Grants Umrah Pilgrims to Visit Any City
- Travel agencies must submit all contracts and financial guarantee letters before Umrah visas are issued.
- Passports will be returned if the information submitted is not compatible with the information sent electronically by the Ministry of Hajj.
- Umrah visas can be canceled by the Ministry of Hajj if applicant won’t appear within 15 days from the date of issuance of visa.
- Processing time for a visa is 4 to 5 working days.
- Umrah pilgrims should not overstay their visas. Read more: 16 Places where Dua is accepted during Umrah and Hajj