Umrah – An Islamic Pilgrimage
Umrah is an Islamic pilgrimage to Makkah and Sunnah of Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), it is a place that is quite reputable and respectful to all Muslims. Umrah is performed by the Muslims which can be initiated at any time of the year, Hajj or Umrah are the acts of worship for Muslims as it renews their sense of objectivity in the world.
If you’re not a resident of Saudi Arabia, you will need to apply for an Umrah visa, it is a legal document which allows you to travel and gives you permission to enter in their territory of Saudi Arabia for the Umrah purposes. Read more: Saudi King Salman & Crown Prince (MBS) Issue Orders to Cancel Second time Umrah Visa Fee
New Procedure & Conditions on Umrah Pilgrims for Application of Umrah Visa from India
1). New Umrah Visa fee
Before the Umrah visa that was used to be paid to the Umrah travel agency amounted to SR.200/-, however, during the current year the new Umrah visa fee will be SR.500/- per Umrah application.
2). Now Umrah Pilgrims from India will travel in the Group of 20 members
Before it was possible for Umrah pilgrims to travel alone, with their family and friends, however, due to introduction of new procedure and approved law, the Umrah Pilgrims will no more be able to travel alone and now according to the new law they should be a group of at least 20 Umrah pilgrims and should not exceed 45 Umrah pilgrims at any particular point of time, in order to get the Umrah visa.
3). No more Own booking of Hotels by Indian Umrah Pilgrims
Before the Umrah Pilgrims were able to manage their own booking, while applying the Umrah visa from India they used to get the similar hotel packages deal in Saudi Arabia and upon reaching Saudi Arabia they used find another cheap hotel bookings.
Now according to the new E-Umrah visa policy, the Umrah Pilgrims are no more allowed to manage their own hotel bookings of their own choice, rather they are being required according to the new law Umrah procedure to select the hotel uploaded and available in the E-Umrah portal.
The complete list of the hotels along with their prices have been uploaded on the portal and the Umrah pilgrims are now required to choose their hotel bookings from this list.
4). New Fees to be paid on account of Transportation expenses
According to the new law approved by the Saudi Cabinet, No Umrah pilgrims can travel from Jeddah to Makkah and Makkah to Madinah without the group members. Before the Umrah pilgrims used to travel in the local transport and in any other privately hired Taxi other.
Now, the group of at least 20 members traveling between Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah applying for the Umrah visa have to share the traveling cost. If the group members are less than 20, the remaining numbers of Umrah pilgrims have to bear the cost of remaining members making it 20.
The traveling cost from Jeddah to Makkah and Makkah to Mahinah is added into the Umrah visa fees
5). Other Requirements & Conditions Applicable on Umrah Pilgrims from India
- Applicants Passport validity must be for 6 months.
- Visa form should be filled with all the details.
- 2 color photos of the applicant with a white background.
- Flight tickets (airfare) should be booked before applying for a visa.
- Women and children should be accompanied by husband/father or a male relative (Mahram). Read more: Umrah, Hajj and Saudi Visit Visa Fee to be Fixed at SR.300 each
- Birth certificate and marriage certificate should be submitted as legal proof.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia.
- The Mahram must travel into and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children. Read more: Procedure to check Umrah Visa status online
- The certificate of vaccination should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days and it should be valid for three years.
The Procedure of Applying for Umrah Visa from India
There are a bunch of Umrah Visa providers in India, you should consult them and their requirements before applying for the visa. Read more: Procedure for Applying and Issuance of New E-Umrah Visa
After submitting the documents you will get Umrah visa done by the Royal Consulate of Saudi Arabia in Delhi and Mumbai. Read more:
- Fill out the Umrah visa application form. [Download Visa Application Form]
- Write down all of your personal details on it like names, age, address, etc.
- Legal proof that you’re traveling with your husband or father (Mehram) or authorization letter from them.
- Women over 45 years of age can travel with an organized group without her husband/father.
- Take a hard copy of the form (print out).
- Then visit your doctor to get a vaccination for Meningococcal Meningitis for adults and for under 15 age children to get a vaccination against polio as well. Read more: List of Violations by Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims for 2019
Significant Guidelines for Umrah Pilgrims Traveling from India
- Umrah Pilgrim must carry vaccination certificates with them.
- No food products are allowed into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- You can visit any city of KSA along with the holy sites if you have got permission from the Authorized Saudi Passport Offices.
- The travel agency will provide you the transportation.
- Umrah pilgrims should exchange their currencies only through authorized currency exchange companies. Read more: Kingdom Grants Umrah Pilgrims to Visit Any City
- Travel agencies must submit all contracts and financial guarantee letters before Umrah visas are issued.
- Passports will be returned if the information submitted is not compatible with the information sent electronically by the Ministry of Hajj.
- Umrah visas can be canceled by the Ministry of Hajj if applicant won’t appear within 15 days from the date of issuance of visa.
- Processing time for a visa is 4 to 5 working days.
- Umrah pilgrims should not overstay their visas. Read more: 16 Places where Dua is accepted during Umrah and Hajj