Umrah – An Islamic Pilgrimage
Umrah is an Islamic pilgrimage to MAKKAH, it is a place that is quite reputable and respectful to all Muslims. Umrah is performed by the Muslims which can be initiated at any time of the year, Hajj or Umrah are the acts of worship for Muslims as it renews their sense of objectivity in the world.
If you’re not a resident of Saudi Arabia, you will need to apply for an Umrah visa, it is a legal document which allows you to travel and gives you permission to enter in their territory of Saudi Arabia for the Umrah purposes. Read more: Saudi King Salman & Crown Prince (MBS) Issue Orders to Cancel Second time Umrah Visa Fee
- Stamped and signed Umrah Visa application.
- The original passport must be valid for at least six months.
- Copy of birth certificate for children (if any). Read more: Procedure for Applying and Issuance of New E-Umrah Visa
- 2 passport size photographs with white background only.
- Original green card for non-US citizens.
- Copy of the marriage certificate for the couples.
- Declaration of the vaccination against “MENINGITIS” & “ACYW135” by a certified doctor.
- A woman traveling alone must be at least 45 years old.
- Pilgrims with non-Islamic names must have a certificate/letter from the Islamic Center to prove their conversion to Islam.
- Confirmed Return flight ticket. Read more: Umrah, Hajj and Saudi Visit Visa Fee to be Fixed at SR.300 each
Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa Application from the USA
- Fill out the Umrah visa application form. [Download Visa Application Form]
- Write down all of your personal details on it like names, age, address, etc.
- Legal proof that you’re traveling with your husband or father (MAHRAM) or authorization letter from them.
- Women over 45 years of age can travel with an organized group without her husband or father.
- Sign a document stating that you will not bring Alcohol/ intoxicants into the country.
- Take a hard copy of the form (print out).
- Visit your doctor to get a vaccination for “MENINGOCOCCAL MENINGITIS” for adults and for under 15 age children to get a vaccination against Polio as well.
- Remember vaccination should have been given not more than 3 years prior to the date of entry to Saudi Arabia. Read more: Procedure to check Umrah Visa status online
Procedure for Traveling Reports
- In case, where you are planning the Umrah visit with the family, you need to contact a licensed Umrah travel agent in the USA who can help you to get Umrah visa as they used to have an agreement with the Saudi government. For instance, if you live in the United States you can contact (e.g. Dawn Travels) travel agency to travel to Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Applying for Umrah visa, you need to have a passport and the passport validity must be at least 6 months and above from the date of the travel.
- Take a passport size photo that clearly shows your face. As it is a part of your Umrah visa application.
- Before you apply for your Umrah visa, you need to purchase your airline tickets. (Non-refundable Airfare). Be sure that the date of departure from Saudi Arabia is within the visa validity date and the stay must not extend the visa expiration date. Read more: List of Violations by Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims for 2019
Points to Ponder for Umrah Visa from the USA
- Umrah visas are valid from 15 days to 1 month. (The length of stay in the Kingdom will depend on the duration of the Umrah program chosen by the applicant).
- Remember that Umrah visas are not valid for work or residence.
- Each applicant for an Umrah visa must apply through a licensed U.S. travel agency, which must have signed a contract with a Saudi company to provide Umrah visa services. Read more: Kingdom Grants Umrah Pilgrims to Visit Any City
- It takes around two weeks to get a visa if the required documents and all the conditions are met.
- Multiple entries, a 6-month visa would cost $800 and a one-year visa would cost approximately $1333. The revised visa fees affect all tourists, religious or business visitors, but spares those traveling for the first time to perform the annual Hajj pilgrimage Or Umrah.
- Any applicant visiting the United States who has legally spent more than two (2) months in the United States country may apply for an Umrah visa through an authorized travel agency. Read more: 16 Places where Dua is accepted during Umrah and Hajj
Source: Saudi Embassy