Saudi Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
Any Saudi expat who is living in Saudi Arabia (KSA) with a residential visa (Saudi Iqama) can apply for a Saudi family visit visa, if they would like to call their family members to stay with them for a specific time span includes mother/ father/ wife/ children/ sisters/ mother-in-law and father-in-law.
Recent Change in the Saudi Family Visit Visa eligibility
Since many years or we can say almost since beginning in Saudi Arabia, the residents were allowed only to bring their wives, Mother and Father, Mother and Father in law.
With the recent change in the law, Jawazat has now allowed the residents of the Saudi Arabia to apply for the visit visa of some of their other relatives. We have mentioned below in detail for our readers the list of the individuals for which the visit visa can be applied and also the screen shots of the online application of visit visas for these individuals.
The followings is the list of the individuals for which Saudi Arabia family visit visa can be applied:
- Brother and his family (Wife and Children)
- Sister and her Family (Husband and children)
- Sister-In-Law (Sister of the spouse)
- Grand Mother (Maternal and Paternal Both)
- Grand Father (Maternal and Paternal Both)
The Saudi family visit visa is a legal document which is required to invite your family members from your hometown is called family visa which allows you and your family members to stay in Saudi Arabia and spend some quality time together. Read more:Umrah, Hajj and Saudi Visit Visa Fee to be Fixed at SR.300 each
Required documents to apply for Saudi family visit visa
- Original valid Saudi Iqama /Residential permit of Saudi Arabia.
- Copy of applicant’s passport. Read more: Procedure to Extend Saudi family visit visa
- Passport copies of family members who are invited.
- Acceptable profession to apply for a Saudi family visit visa.
- The validity of an applicant’s Saudi Iqama should be approximately 3 to 4 months at the time he/she applies for a Saudi family visa.
- 2-4 passport size photos. Read more:Validity of the Saudi Family Visit Visa
Procedure to apply for Saudi family visit visa
- Print out the family visit visa application.
- Get it signed by your sponsor.
- attach your documents with the application and submit it to the chamber of commerce, this process is called Tafeel. Read more:List of Saudi Iqama Professions Eligible for Saudi Family Visit Visa 2019-2020
Online Procedure to Apply for Saudi Family Visit Visa
- Fill an online family visit visa application on the website of the Ministry of foreign affairs.
- Choose the English translation of the page so you can understand the instructions. Read more:Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry for dependents in the home country
- Individual who is applying will be the Kafeel or sponsor for the family members he/she is inviting so put your name as the kafeel on the form.
- Click on individuals. Choose resident.
- Click on option “Family Visit Visa Application”.
- Fill the form and tick submit.
- Print out the form.
How to Check Application Status Online
- Go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (MOFA).
- Choose application submitted to MOFA.
- Enter your application number, Iqama/ Muqeem number and image code.
- Click on inquire. Read more: Nationality Wise Family Visit Visa Fees in Saudi Arabia for 2019
- Nowadays online submission is being practiced more than submitting an application to the chamber office even some of the offices ask for the online application first and then they sign on an application. Read more:Procedure to Extend Exit Re-Entry of dependents, if overstayed more than 7 months
- After submitting It may take 3 working days or more to process the application and then your status will be changed on the MOFA website you can check it often to stay conscious for your status.
Additional Documents Needed
For married sister – Authorization letter from the husband.
For mother/father-in-law – marriage certificate and a copy of passport and iqama of a wife. Read more:Extension of Family Saudi Visit Visa Restricted up to 6 months only
Points to Remember
- An application may be rejected. Re-apply again.
- You only have 3 months for the visa to be stamped, once approved by the Saudi Embassy.
- Once the Visa is stamped, the family should travel within 3 months (i.e. 90 days) otherwise visa will expire.
- If your application gets rejected because of your profession, you can go for switching your profession which is stated on your iqama and then re-apply again. Read more:: Saudi visit visa holder can now officially drive in the kingdom
- If the visa issued is for 90 days, it can be extended once more.
- If the visa issued is for 30 days, it can be extended again 5 times.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs