A Canada visa is a stamp on your passport which allows you to enter in the country of Canada. It is required for any personage who is not residing in Canada, Getting a visa to Canada means that the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your home country decided that you are eligible and allowed for entry. This visa is issued by a visa officer at the Canadian post abroad. Permanent Resident of Canada
Who is Caregiver?
A Caregiver or a Maid is an unpaid or paid member of a person’s social network who helps them with activities of daily living. Caregiving is most commonly used to address impairments related to old age, disability, a disease, or a mental disorder. Recommended: Procedure to Apply for Canadian Immigration by Express Entry
Any individual can apply for a permanent visa in Canada as a caregiver, but “Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is closed to new applicants. Permanent Resident of Canada
He/she can only apply for permanent residence under the “Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)” if they are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit.
You can apply for your family permanent visa at the same time, or you can sponsor your family members later but they should meet all the requirements such as passing medical and police reports. Even you can apply for an open work permit at the same time to get a job easily after getting a permanent residency permit. Read more: 9 Facts You Need to Know About Canadian Life
Requirement to Become a Permanent Resident
An individual is only eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada once they have had the following work experience under the Live-in Caregiver Program:
- He/she is living in Canada with a Canadian residential address.
- 24 months of approved full-time employment which is approximately 3,900 hours of employment.
- You can complete these hours within a minimum duration of 22 months. While calculating your hours, you can also include up to 390 hours of overtime.
- Biometrics are required (Fingerprints and Photo).
- The work experience must be acquired within four years from the time of your arrival.
- You cannot include any period of unemployment or the time when you are out of a country on vacation or anything.
- Be careful your spouse’s criminal record can affect negatively on your application or if you didn’t provide truthful personal details to Immigration.
- Any period you work for your employer outside Canada is not included in your required hours.
Leaving the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)
- You can leave the program and return permanently to your home country at any time. However, the employer must be informed by the legal document.
- You will have to re-apply to the overseas visa office to return to Canada, If you will stay out of the country for more than one year or if your work permit has expired. Read more: Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa From Canada
Points to Remember
- Your application is not affected by improving your skills, volunteer work, marital status or the number of family members you have in your home country.
- Try not to go out of the country in the working duration.
- Complete your required working hours.
- Canadian location/ home address.
- Clear the medical exam.
- Stay out of the criminal records.
Source: Government of Canada