Overview of the Kingdom’s Initiatives in Promoting Saudi Vision 2030
The Kingdom has recently taken wide steps in promoting new services, Art and culture throughout the country. The foremost reason for such activities is the pro-active persuasion of Saudi Vision 2030 set by the Kingdom.
In view of the same, the Kingdom has introduced various new laws and services for the benefit of the Saudi expats especially offering different initiatives whereby the Saudi expats can avail different benefits. Read more: The authorities of Makkah keeping eye on the Haram from sky
Approval of Residency Permit by Shoura Council
Recently, in the Shoura Council meeting on Wednesday approved the draft Saudi Iqama (residency permit) Law, which will provide the qualified foreigners a number of privileges.
Benefits of Residency Permit Law
According to the new proposed law, the holder of such an Saudi Iqama will have the following benefits:
- The benefits of the family status, and
- the Saudi Iqama holder can obtain the visit visa for relatives,
- The Saudi Iqama holder can recruit domestic workers apart from owning properties,
- means of transport and such other advantages.
Saudi expat needs to pay a special fee
The above draft law aims at attracting the interested people by providing them with the special treatment.
The law envisages that expatriates will have to make payment of a special fee determined by the Executive Regulations and that a center called the Center of Distinguished Saudi Iqama will be established for the purpose.
The law says there will be 2 types of Saudi Iqama
There will be two types of Saudi Iqamas – One for an unlimited period and the other for one-year validity with subject to renewal.
Requirements for the New Saudi Iqama Holder
The requirements for the new type of Saudi Iqama include the followings:
- Saudi Iqama holder must have a valid passport,
- The Saudi Iqama holder must have enough financial resources,
- The Saudi Iqama holder must have sound health report and
- The Saudi Iqama holder must possess a certificate of no criminal record.
Source: Saudi Gazette