Brief Highlight of Kingdom Vision 2030
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has been at par excellent in ensuring the advancement and providing the ease to the Saudi Nationals and as well as the Saudi Expats. In doing so, the Saudi Vision 2030 has been implemented in the various areas of Government and Public sectors and it has gained quite a good response and attraction by everyone. All such motives and directions are being taken to increase the overall economy, ensuring the prosperity and well-being of the citizens and the Saudi expats of living in the Kingdom.
Announcement by the Ministry of Labor and Social Development
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development has recently announced
SAUDI EXPATS CARRY THE RIGHT TO FILE AN APPEAL AGAINST THEIR EMPLOYERS IN RELATION TO ANY FALSE REPORT SUBMITTED BY THEIR EMPLOYERS SHOWING THEM ABSENT FROM WORK. THE MINISTRY HAS ALLOWED THE SAUDI EXPATS TO CHALLENGE SUCH FALSE REPORT BY FILING AN APPEAL AGAINST SUCH INITIATIVES BY THE EMPLOYERS.
Objective of Ministry by Launching Such Initiative
The Ministry has introduced such initiative aiming to prevent and protect the Saudi expats employees, the characteristics and benefits of such initiative is listed below:
- The employers cannot submit any false reports which show the absence of the worker from the work.
- The initiative taken by the Ministry also ensures that such report is accurate showing the worker’s absence.
- The Saudi expats working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can challenge such false report anytime.
- Such initiative aims at creating a healthy work environment in which all parties know their rights and duties.
Points to Remember
- The employers cannot avail the service of the Ministry in order to report employees absent from work if the workers have already filed a case against the employers.
- The report about an employee’s absence from work will not be entertained if the worker’s iqama (residence permit) or work permit is expired.
- An employee can challenge his employer’s report marking him absent from work by a filing an objection plea at Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
Source: Saudi Gazette