Good News! A very long awaited news has finally arrived from the Saudi Ministry of Tourism and as per the latest announcement the Saudi tourist visa will be started to issue from August 01, 2021 BUT this visa will be issued to the ‘Fully Vaccinated’ travelers only.
Conditions Set by the Ministry to Issue the Saudi Tourist Visa
The Ministry has set the following conditions for the travelers to Saudi Arabia on Tourist visa:
- Only fully vaccinated tourists from around the world can enter Saudi Arabia.
- The fully vaccinated tourists will not be required to enter in any sort of Quarantine.
- Quarantine will not be required only if the Tourists present upon their arrival vaccination certificates which states the negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours from the time of their departure.
- Visitors will be required to register their details of vaccinations on the newly created electronic portal (Click here)
- The tourists will not be allowed to enter in any public places (Shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants and entertainment places) unless they register their passport details in the Tawakkalna. The Tourists need to enter their passport details in Tawakkalna application.
Who Will be Considered Fully Vaccinated to be Eligible for Saudi Tourist Visa
The Ministry has issued the statement in which it has been clarified that the following travelers will be considered as fully vaccinated.
- Those who have received 2 doses of Pfizer or,
- Those travelers who have received 2 doses of AstraZeneca or,
- Those who have received 2 doses of Moderna or,
- 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson or,
- Those who have taken 2 doses of the Sinopharm or Sinovac vaccines will also be allowed if they have received an additional dose of one of the four above-mentioned vaccines.
Saudi Tourist Need to Wear Mask and Observe Physical Distancing
The Saudi tourist visitors need to observe all precautionary measures approved by the Ministry of Health, which include wearing a face mask in public and maintaining physical distancing.
Procedure of Applying Saudi Tourist Visa
Saudi tourist can follow the procedure mentioned on the website named as (Click here). We have already written an article earlier regarding the procedure of applying Saudi tourist visa. Read more: Procedure to Apply Saudi Arabia Tourist Visa for 2021
Can the Tourism from the Banned 13 Countries Apply for Saudi Tourist Visa?
Yes, such Tourists can apply the Saudi tourist visa but they need to undergo quarantine for 14 days in another country which is not included in Saudi Arabia’s banned list. Just to remind our website readers that the followings are 13 countries which are included in the banned list for travel to Saudi Arabia.