Between January 12th, 2018 through May 31st, 2018, the National IHR Focal Point of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reported 75 laboratory confirmed cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV), including twenty-three (23) deaths. Most people reported to have MERS-CoV infection developed severe acute respiratory illness, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Many of them have died.
Statistical Data of MERS-CoV
What you should know?
- Viral respiratory disease which usually causes death.
- Transmitted via bodily fluids (i.e. Saliva, Blood, Urine).
- Can infect anyone especially those with weak immune systems.
- Incubation period is 2-14 days.
Beware and Identify Yourself
Preventive Measures to be taken
- Wear a face mask.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue while coughing.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid contact with animals.
- Do not share eating utensils like cups, spoons etc.