As we know that performing an Umrah is a Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) for all Muslims in the world. Due to this, every year Muslims intend to perform Umrah with their family members.
The below-mentioned article will provide reasonable guidance related to the Procedure for Application of Umrah Visa from Pakistan. Read more: Saudi King Salman & Crown Prince (MBS) Issue Orders to Cancel Second time Umrah Visa Fee
New Procedure & Conditions on Umrah Pilgrims for Application of Umrah Visa from Pakistan
1). New Umrah Visa fee
Before the Umrah visa that was used to be paid to the Umrah travel agency amounted to SR.200/-, however, during the current year the new Umrah visa fee will be SR.500/- per Umrah application. Read more: Pakistani Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims must submit their Biometrics before travel to Saudi Arabia
2). Now Umrah Pilgrims will travel in the Group of 20 members
Before it was possible for Umrah pilgrims to travel alone, with their family and friends, however, due to introduction of new procedure and approved law, the Umrah Pilgrims will no more be able to travel alone and now according to the new law they should be a group of at least 20 Umrah pilgrims and should not exceed 45 Umrah pilgrims at any particular point of time, in order to get the Umrah visa.
3). No more Own booking of Hotels by Umrah Pilgrims
Before the Umrah Pilgrims were able to manage their own booking, while applying for the Umrah visa from Pakistan they used to get the similar hotel packages deal in Saudi Arabia and upon reaching Saudi Arabia they used to find another cheap hotel bookings.
Now according to the new E-Umrah visa policy, the Umrah Pilgrims are no more allowed to manage their own hotel bookings of their own choice, rather they are being required according to the new law Umrah procedure to select the hotel uploaded and available in the E-Umrah portal.
The complete list of the hotels along with their prices have been uploaded on the portal and the Umrah pilgrims are now required to choose their hotel bookings from this list.
4). New Fees to be paid on account of Transportation expenses
According to the new law approved by the Saudi Cabinet, No Umrah pilgrims can travel from Jeddah to Makkah and Makkah to Madinah without the group members. Before the Umrah pilgrims used to travel in the local transport and in any other privately hired Taxi other.
Now, the group of at least 20 members traveling between Jeddah, Makkah, and Madinah applying for the Umrah visa has to share the traveling cost. If the group members are less than 20, the remaining numbers of Umrah pilgrims have to bear the cost of remaining members making it 20.
The traveling cost from Jeddah to Makkah and Makkah to Madinah is added into the Umrah visa fees.
5). Other Requirements & Conditions applicable on Umrah Pilgrims
- Umrah visas do not give the right to work or reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The visa is valid for a period of 30 days, however, pilgrims are required to perform Umrah and exit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia before the expiry of their Umrah packages.
- During the period of Ramadan, the Umrah visa shall not exceed the last day of Ramadan. The pilgrims should exit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia prior to the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- All pilgrims shall submit their bio-metrics data at the Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) Tasheel Visa Service Centre.
- Children below the age of 5 years don’t need to submit their biometric data for the application of Umrah visa from Pakistan.
- The processing time for an application of Umrah visa from Pakistan takes between 4 to 7 working days from the date of receipt. Read more: Procedure to check Umrah Visa status online
- In Pakistan, men below 40 years of age cannot travel alone for Umrah. The female relative (includes mother, sisters, wife, etc.) must accompany them. This initiative ensures that there is no abuse of the visa by any visitor. Read more: Procedure for Applying and Issuance of New E-Umrah Visa
Step by Step Procedure of applying and Issuance of E-Umrah Visa by Umrah Agents in Pakistan
According to the new regulations & procedures announced by the Ministry of Umrah and Hajj, we have enlisted below the step by step procedures for applying and issuance of the E-Umrah Visa:
The first step includes registering the data of Umrah pilgrims by the respective foreign agents, filling up the online application form along with documents. Read more: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Grants Hajj and Umrah pilgrims to visit any city
Once the respective country’s foreign agents have registered the required information and the related data of the Umrah pilgrims along with filling up their online application with the required documents, it will be sent to the concerned Umrah Company for facilitating the procedures. Read more: Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa from Pakistan
Once the second step is concluded as mentioned above, the reference number for the Umrah application will be issued. Read more: Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa From USA
After issuance of the reference number of the application, it will be uploaded in the online portal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to complete the issuance of the visa. Read more: Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa from Canada
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has said that the concerned Umrah service providers and their foreign agents shall verify and scrutinize the registered data of the Umrah pilgrims, and enter the passport data using the machine reader. Read more: Procedure to Apply for Umrah Visa from India
The penalty in Case of Violation of the Fifth Step
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has clearly stated that the foreign agent and the Umrah firm will be held accountable in case of any discrepancies or shortcomings in the passport data. Read more: SR 50,000 Fine and 6 Months Imprisonment for Umrah Pilgrims
The Ministry also stated that penalties will be levied on both of them as stated above which includes cancellation of their license as well.
Approved Agents for Application of Umrah Visa from Pakistan
- Please ensure that the agent must be among the approved travel agents list. You can ensure the authenticity of the required agent for the application of Umrah visa from Pakistan, Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, Click here to open the link.
- Then, you need to select a country and city.
- In the last, you need to click on the search button to proceed.
- You will find a list of approved travel agents. Read more: List of Violations by Hajj & Umrah Pilgrims for 2019
- The applicant must have a passport validity of at least 6 months prior to the departure date. Read more: Smart bracelets for Umrah pilgrims with GPS technology
- The applicant should have a valid Nadra ID Card.
- The passport has to have at least two empty visa pages for further processing.
- The photograph for the visa application is a standard photograph with a proper white background. The picture is to have the person facing front and looking into the camera. Read more: Kingdom Grants Umrah Pilgrims to Visit Any City
- If the applicant has converted to Islam, he/she should provide an Islamic certificate notarized by an Islamic Center.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia and it should be valid for three years. The vaccination certificate must be with the applicant on entry to Saudi Arabia.
- A round trip ticket needs to be attached for approval of an Umrah package.
- Minors (under 18 years of age) will not be granted an Umrah visa, if not accompanied by their family and traveling with one parent must submit a certified letter of authorization, in either in Arabic or English, signed by either parents or legal guardians. Read more: 16 Places where Dua is accepted during Umrah and Hajj
Brief Overview About the Function and Nature of Services Offered by Etimad
- Etimad (Private) Limited serves as a specialist partner for diplomatic missions. The streamline and simplify the visa processing, thus giving the absolute peace of mind to the pilgrims.
- As an organization, it offers a wide range of services related to the entire life cycle of a visa application process. This enables diplomatic missions to have a single-minded focus on the key tasks of assessing and judging the application of Umrah Visa from Pakistan while Etimad takes care of all the administrative and non-judgmental tasks related to the entire life cycle of a visa application process.
- Currently, Etimad Pakistan is handling the application of Umrah Visa and processing visa applications for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) from Pakistan. The ETIMAD center is located in Pakistan. Every individual requiring a visa to enter KSA from Pakistan (whether for Hajj, Umrah, business, work or any other purpose) will have to come to Etimad Visa Service Centers (VSC) in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Quetta to provide biometrics data which is now a compulsory part of their visa application of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from Pakistan.
- These centers will collectively process applications of the visa from Pakistan amounting to around 1.2 Million for KSA per year. Recommended: Procedure to Get Appointment of Etimad Centers in Pakistan.
- According to the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, the total number of pilgrims who performed Umrah in 2017 (1438 Hijri) was 19 million which is an increase as compared to 2016 (1437 Hijri). Read more: SR 50,000 Fine and 6 Months Imprisonment for Umrah Pilgrims
Statistics show that the number of pilgrims from outside Saudi Arabia was 6.5 million (i.e. 34.2% of total pilgrims), while pilgrims from inside Saudi Arabia represents 12.5 million (i.e. 65.8% of the total number of pilgrims). Read: List of Prohibited Items to bring to Saudi Arabia
Fine and Jail for Umrah Pilgrims
If any of the Umrah pilgrims staying in the Kingdom after the expiration of his/her visa will be fined amounting to SR. 50,000 and this will also include the imprisonment for the period of 6 months before the deportation.